Probe packaging box
Please refer to the photos below regarding the packaging that American Probe & Technologies uses for probes.
Currently there are two standard box sizes used for packaging the probes. There is a larger size that is typically used only for the larger probes, probe holders, and those that could not fit into the smaller boxes due to physical constraints.
The preferred box used has dimensions of 2.675" wide x 2.98" tall x .630" thick (68mm x 76.3mm x 16.1mm).
This box accommodates all of the standard 70, 71, and 72 Series replaceable probes. Probes with bends or longer lengths would require alternate boxing.
This is the preferred packaging due to its:
- Smaller size allows shipping in a smaller container, resulting in reduced shipping costs
- Internal packaging materials have reduced free partials resulting in a cleaner probe
- Allows packaging of 5, 10 and 20 probes within a single small footprint
- Tape-free design allows for easy removal and replacement of probe without tape and debris residual
- Allows for compact storage compared to larger box by using less than 33% the space.
The second packaging for the probes is the larger box with pink anti-static foam.
It has dimensions of 3.67" wide x 3.1" tall x 1.93" thick (93.2mm x 78.5mm x 49mm).
This box accommodates all of the standard 70, 71, and 72, and most 73 Series replaceable probes.
Probes with bends or longer lengths would require alternate boxing.
The third packaging container size is identical to the one pictured above except it is 2.7" (78.5mm) thick.
As stated above, this container is the standard box used for the 74CJ, 74CJA, and 73 Series coaxial probes and holders.