American Probe & Technologies offers a variety of products that meet global needs; some of these products can be ordered in versions that do not meet some geographic regions. This is the case in offering RoHS and non RoHS versions of some of APT’s products. It is the responsibility of the ordering party to confirm the products are in compliance with the point of use territories.
Compliance Statement for RoHS and RoHS-2, on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment, for American Probe & Technologies products.
- Directive 2002/95/EC Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) of the European Parliament and of the Counsel of the European Union on 27 January 2003 has required the restriction of the use of lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) in electrical and electronic equipment.
- Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (recast)
American Probe & Technologies manufactured products meet the exemption criteria for lead based on:
- Steel, stainless steel and steel alloy products contain less than .35 percent lead by weight.
- Aluminum products contain less than .4 percent lead by weight.
- 6c, Copper and Brass alloy contain less than 4 percent lead by weight.
- APT’s standard finishes: phosphate coated, trivalent zinc plated, passivated products, gold and nickel plating processes are RoHS complaint.
- Products that are clearly labeled as containing lead and not to be sold in the European Parliament and of the Counsel of European Union where RoHS compliance is required.
No warranty or liability of indemnification is expressed or implied with this information.
Document date: May 12, 2016
American Probe & Technologies, Inc.